Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Honoring the oath

So I tried to change, add to and fix yesterday's post and something was wrong with the "HTML tag" so I couldn't but this is what I wanted to say ...

I think that anyone who signs on that line before they go should understand they are no longer their own. No matter what life gives you, there will be some danger, some leap into faith that someone will keep you safe. But you have to accept and know, it is not always so, especially in the armed forces. These young people who lose their lives in training should be as respected and honored as any who fall in the field. They signed on the line and gave their lives for the causes.


"I, (Recruit), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

4 comments:

  1. Giving ones' life for any cause is, to me, admirable and to be honored.
    May your cause be just and kind is my only caveat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something so stirring about that oath, and particularly when you hear one of your own recite it. It MEANS something them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I know one thing, that my son has always been a just and kind person (except maybe with his little brothers as is normal) and finding a system to believe in will support him on the road to being an adult. It seems his family has expanded vastly and now will include the entire USMC. Yes, it is hard for a mom to share, but there you go.

    ReplyDelete